FHAGBI Ltd takes your privacy seriously. We are a “controller” of the personal information that
you provide to us and this privacy notice sets out how, why and for how long we will use your
personal data , as well as who it is shared with. It also explains your rights as a data subject and
how to exercise them.
What we need from you
When you register as a member of FHAGBI Ltd or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a young person aged 16 or under), we will ask you for the following personal information:
- Contact details – e.g. name, address, email address and phone number
- Payment details – for those paying by direct debit, bank account number and sort code
- Facebook name – for access to the FHAGBI Members Facebook page
- KFPS registered horse name and number – for Gold and Silver members
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need this may affect our ability to offer you our membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us. We may use our members’ personal information to:
- Provide you with core membership services, including confirmation of membership, membership card, end of year renewal.
- Organise inspections, activities and events through the association.
- Register those with Gold membership and who request the Phryso subscription with the KFPS to access their services included as part of this level of membership.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate interests
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Provide you with news and updates about the activity of the association, opportunities to get involved in members events, general meetings or other events.
- Raise awareness of the Friesian horse and association’s activities by capturing photos, videos, or live streaming at events. We will use this for promotion, education and development purposes.
- Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information for those members updating their horse passports for the purposes of complying with obligations under:
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 2015/262 in the United Kingdom
Other uses of your personal information
Who we share your personal information with
For those who purchase Gold level membership with the association, your personal information is passed on to the Koninklijke Vereniging "Het Friesch Paarden-Stamboek" (KFPS) who become a controller of your personal data. The KFPS provides full details of how it uses your personal data in its own privacy notice found here and will not use it for any other purpose.
When members send their horse’s passport through FHAGBI as a Passport Issuing Organisation (PIO) to be updated, the association is legally obliged by DEFRA to update the Central Equine Database which is facilitated by the Equine Register Ltd with your personal information. The Equine Register provides full details of how it uses your personal data in its own privacy notice found here.
Third party suppliers with access to members’ personal data
The association may use third party suppliers to provide services. These suppliers may process personal data on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we share personal information with external third parties, we only share as much information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
- Lloyds Bank Plc process payment transactions securely on our behalf.
- ECWID facilitates the FHAGBI online store and will collect your name, address and email to allow processing of products purchased. ECWID does not collect, store or process your credit card data.
- PayPal will use your credit card of bank details to process the payments for products purchased through the FHAGBI online store. Your payment details are not shared with FHAGBI Ltd.
- Inspectors, instructors and event organisers receive details of participants.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is accessed by our Company Directors, Membership Secretary and Newsletter Secretary only for the purposes set out above.
The association ensures that all membership information will be kept up to date and secure in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. The association maintains records in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, General Data Protection Regulations 2018 ’.
Personal information of the members is safeguarded by the association’s record keeping policies and procedures including their Confidentiality Policy. Records are stored in secure, lockable filing cabinets and computer data is code secure. The association is required by the GDPR legislation to constantly monitor the security of the information they hold and have a legal requirement to report any breeches of security.
How long we keep your personal information
Your membership data will be kept for the duration of your membership and a further 2 years by the Membership Secretary after which any paper or online records will be deleted. The Treasurer will keep your membership data for a period of 6 years from the end of the last company financial year to comply with accounting records requirements in the UK.
Records from updating the passport of your Friesian will be held indefinitely and are only accessible by the Company Directors.
You have a right to:
- Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
- Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request that we delete your personal information.
- Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
You can contact us by contacting our Data Protection Officer, Annette Gaskell by emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at;
Friesian Horse Association of Great Britain & Ireland Ltd
125 Hardsough Lane
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.